Friday, February 4, 2011

Some Artist

So Das Racist has been receiving some accolade in the hipster crowd. They're an interesting blend of hip-hop and other influences. I've been listening to them lately, and one specific song "You Oughta Know" in which they sample Billy Joel for their beat. It's a great fun group and some of there songs border on the really ridiculous, such as "Fake Patios" and "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell". But it's a package deal I guess. Some of their songs are kinda dumb, but in some of them, it's really great rhymes: "While I'm eatin' a burger. Metaphysical, spiritual, lyrical murder". And: "Rap bridge on a duet with T-Pain and Stephen Hawking. I'm not joking, stop jocking."

Peep these crazy dudes.


4 comments:

  1. My friend tried to get me to listen to this and got pissed off when I said I hated them. Stupid hipsters. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, to each his own. I didn't like them very much when I first heard them.

    ReplyDelete